Thursday, April 5, 2018

Creating my own music

Hello, everyone! I hope you are all having a good day. So, recently I've been trying to create my own music for my film opening with Garageband. It took me about an hour to figure out how to just work Garageband. After figuring it out, however, I was playing around and having fun with it.

Yet, I can't figure out if I want to create something that is higher pitched or lower pitched. Higher pitched makes me think of a more eerie type of music. Yet, lower pitched music makes me think of impending doom, so possibly I'll do something with both lower and higher pitched music. Also, I decided to use string instruments to create the music because I believe it makes it more suspenseful.

When the film opening has cut aways to Kane's flashbacks that's when the eerie music will play, and worst case scenario if it doesn't turn out well I could always use a track from Killer Tracks.

Also, for editing I decided that I wanted to make the flashbacks a colder darker filter than the regular color tone. By doing this I hope it subliminally makes the audience think of these flashbacks as a dark, cold, emotionless time associated with Kane. Thus, making him seem more scary and deadly.

As the due date for the project approaches, I get more and more nervous. Even though I'm putting in my best effort, I'm still slightly scared that my film opening won't be entirely liked, but I like it and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment