Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Second and last day of filming... done!

Extreme excitement doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling about how the filming turned out. I got some amazing shots that definitely show the creepy murderous vibe I was going for for Kane's character, and with the addition of music and editing it's going to be great. I can now send myself the videos and continue the editing on my laptop.

 I plan to use a lot of quick cuts and low angles to create the sense of power that Kane has over Noah. It's essential to my film's creepiness level that I make Kane a secretive yet powerful character in order to reveal how he's manipulated those around him and has everyone under a false sense of security. I wasn't able to do the color scheme I wanted for Noah, but the dark color scheme worked out for Kane. My actor wore dark pants and dark shirts for filming which was perfect.

At one point when filming, everyone was laughing so much it was actually hard to film. Overall, I think filming has been my favorite part of the whole portfolio project. It was interesting with new twists and turns around the corner. For one of the shots I needed a mirror shot, so I stood behind the door and used the door to block me and the phone from being seen in the background of the mirror. Also, my bathroom had a dimmer for the light, which was absolutely perfect for creating the low key lighting I needed. I hadn't even thought about it and when I remembered it was pretty much the best thing ever.

This Friday we're doing another group session in which we help each other and critic each other's projects. I'm looking forward to see how people react to my film opening and get feedback to make it better. The last group meeting helped me so much, and actually gave me the idea on how to put everything I needed to put into the film to make it make sense into the opening.

Well, I'm going to continue making my masterpiece, but stay tuned to see how everything goes in the final 2 weeks, and eventually see my final project!!


No comments:

Post a Comment