Sunday, April 8, 2018

Project due date fast approaching

Hello, everyone! I hope everyone is having an amazing Sunday so far. As April 14th is getting closer and closer, I grow more excited but also more nervous to have my final project be viewed. I'm getting closer with finishing the editing. I'm now working on my CCR script so that when I complete it, I can film it and edit it and be done.

Looking back from and almost finished perspective, this entire project so far has taught me so much. From better time management, to having to think on my feet, this project has tested my ability to complete something major in a decent amount of time. Throughout high school there have been major projects that I've had to complete, but nothing like this. I have to say this has been one of the most fun experiences I've had associated with a school project.

I can 100% say that when this project ends I'm going to miss it. Anyway, with the music aspect of editing, I still have the option of using some of my own created music, but I decided for time purposes that I'd use Killer Tracks because I lost a lot of time when I lost my actor.

To help with the subconscious notion that Kane has a cold emotionless power over Noah, I was playing around and increased the contrast in the flashback clips. Which definitely helps the dark contrast and makes Kane look more evil, especially because of the shadow cast across his face throughout the flashbacks. Then with the contrast between the filtered flashbacks and unfiltered regular-time clips shows the manipulation that Kane holds over those around him, convincing them that he's getting better when he's not. Since, the audience knows the truth about Kane's manipulation over the people who think he's getting better it creating dramatic irony.

To the right is a screenshot of a close-up shot of part of my film opening. I'm using this as an example to show the kind of blue toned filter I'm using, along with the increased contrast.

Either way, I'm excited to finish the project and have people see it. I just hope everyone likes it as much as I do. I'm trying to make my CCR as interesting as possible, so that people don't get bored watching it.

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment