Thursday, March 1, 2018

Here's to new beginnings!

Hi!

My name is Isabel, but most people call me Isa, and wow! I never thought this day would actually come where I'd be starting my portfolio project. I decided to pick to create a film opening, instead of a magazine. At first when picking which project category to go for, I couldn't make up my mind. Indecisiveness is one of my many traits and I know it's going to be an obstacle for me now and in the coming weeks. Basically, I love photography and, if I do say so myself, I'm pretty good at it. Creating the images for the magazine would have been the easiest thing for me, but something about the film opening was just calling me. It would've been the harder of the two to create, especially because I didn't know anything about how to construct a film, at first. Robert Frost himself exclaimed, "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—/ I took the one less traveled by, / And that has made all the difference," well the film opening would be my road less traveled by. It would be harder. It's probably going to take me longer, but I need to challenge myself. Otherwise, what's the point of taking a class like AICE Media AS if you're not going to go out of your comfort zone and try new things.

Now, new ideas aren't the easiest thing for me to come up with. Plus, coming up with an original idea that hasn't been done a thousand times in the film industry is going to be a struggle. I really want to focus on what genre I should pick before anything else. I feel like picking a genre will help me create a vision and overall idea for my soon to be masterpiece. 

Drama and horror are the two main genres I'm considering. As opposite as they are, I can't help but think these are the two most interesting and easily accessible genres to create. Considering all the aspects is so important. I need something that can be done on a very very very low to no budget and that people are interested in. In the case of drama, I would need amazing actors and an amazing script to truly capture the audience's hearts. Especially, when I only have two minutes to entrap people's attention.  However, with horror, I could easily bring in some special lighting and special effect makup to really give it that extra excitment. I'm going to have to look into both genres more and definitely consider the target audiences for both.

Stick around if you want to learn more about my journey with my film opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment