Sunday, March 4, 2018

Planning and Plotting

Now, before I get into which genre I chose, I decided to create a schedule for my project. I've always had a problem with time management, and I know it's going to bite me in the butt if I just wing it. I have around 6 weeks now to create everything and get it done and ready to go. Which may seem like a long time, but in reality it's not a lot of time. I have to research, get actors, produce it, film, edit, make sure the sound is good, and even leave room for errors that will happen along the way. This schedule will be a basic one, until I'm able to get a feel for my pacing and update it from there.
Week 1: Researching characters, plot, genre, etc.
Week 2: Researching, and starting to storyboard and scout for actors.
Week 3: Continue to storyboard, get things ready to film, and make sure I have actors.
Week 4: Do the majority of the filming, making sure to leave enough time for everything to be filmed.
Week 5: I will be finishing the filming of the project during this time, and begin the editing process.
Week 6: Finish the editing process and begin working on my Creative Critical Reflection.
Week 7: Put the finishing touches on my project and submit it.

Now, drum roll please! The genre I chose is....

I decided to go with horror because it's one of the most popular genres, especially in recent times. In 2017, the market share of horror surpassed all other genres in ticket sales. This shows how much people enjoy the horror genre.

Horror is such an easily accessible genre, which will create some problems. Since horror is so easy to create, many ideas for horror movies have been done over and over again. Yet, I'm determined to make a horror film opening for a movie that has it's own twist to it. My original idea for the movie opening was to create either a movie where the evil character is stalking the main character, or to create a movie about a shape shifter. Both ideas are very intriguing and I'd give them a twist to make them more original. There have been many movies done about stalking and that basic idea, like the movie Fear. So, to truly come up with a stalker movie I'd have to create an original twist. 

Now as for problems I've had so far. I can already tell that time is going to be an issue, not just because of the amount of work to be done for the project, but also because of my class load. I have many demanding classes this year, so creating time to fully immerse myself in the project process will be hard. This week alone, I wasn't able to get as much research done as I would've liked to, but now that I know the basic demands the project requires I can plan accordingly. As for characters, I have a plan to go on Tuesday, the 6th of March, to ask the drama department teacher if I can audition theater kids for my movie opening. Having people who can act is so important to the foundation of the opening.  I want my actors to be able to portray the terror and fear and emotions that are required to capture people's attention. 

I've started researching my characters and my next blog post will show the characters of my film opening

Until next time!

Citations: 
Unknown. Unknown. The Best Movies About Stalking. Retrieved from https://www.ranker.com/list/best-movies-about-stalking/ranker-film
Unknown, Unknown. Box Office History for Horror. Retrieved from https://www.the-numbers.com/market/genre/Horror 



No comments:

Post a Comment