Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Research on script

So, as you might have seen with my last post, I mentioned my script for the film opening. Considering everything is relatively new to me in the world of film, I mean I'm only a beginner at all of this, I needed to look up how to make a script. Now, I know there are very specific ways scripts are made, but I was thinking of doing more of a play type of layout for the script. However, I was curious as to what to put into the script specifically. I looked it up and up popped a WikiHow on how to make a script. I know Wiki isn't always a reliable source, but I just needed the basics on how to make one because I wanted my script to also reflect my layout for the film.

I ended up looking up pictures of previous horror film scripts to see what they look like. Like this piece of the script from Scream.

Now, this script follows the story and gives insight on how the characters are supposed to act and move with the plot. It shows what they do and where they go around the set, which is an aspect I plan on including with my script. It helps the actor and everyone else understand how they're supposed to move and act.

My next post is going to include an insight into my script and how it reflects my film opening, so I hope you stick around!


Citations: 
Unknown. Unknown. How to Write Movie Scripts. Retrieved from https://www.wikihow.com/Write-Movie-Scripts 

No comments:

Post a Comment