Sunday, March 18, 2018

Mise en scène

Since my film opening is taking place in a 'psychiatrist's office' I need something that'll resemble that. In my house, I have a 3 seat couch that is dark brown, which will fit my theme of dark colors surrounding Kane. I wanted to recreate something to mirror what the picture to the right looks like. That warm dark area, which because the lighting is so low, creates an air of mystery and intrigue which is sure to grasp people's attention.

In addition to the couch, in my house I also have a recliner that can stand in for the psychiatrist's chair. Yet, the place I want to shoot is very open with a big sliding glass door behind it, so I can already see that being an issue in the filming process. However, with the use of timing and camera angles and my own personal lighting and covering of the light, I think I'll be able to fake that dark mysterious vibe. In the picture below is what I'd like to also create which this type of set up would be better for my film opening.
It has a lot of low lighting but also a lot of windows. By using shades and items to block the light from coming into my house I think I'll be able to create the low key lighting I'm looking for. Anyway, I've previously discussed costume for Kane, but as for the costume for Dr. Sanchez, I was thinking of keeping her costume casual, as she doesn't want to scare away her patients. Yet, I want her to stay somewhat professional, because she shouldn't look provocative and over signalized either. 

Something like the picture above is what I had in mind. Not too professional, but not too casual either, something in the middle. Stay tuned because in a very very short time I'll be getting to the more interesting posts...

Citations: 
Measom, C. Unknown. What Does a Psychiatrist Wear? Retrieved from http://work.chron.com/psychiatrist-wear-22036.html

No comments:

Post a Comment