Thursday, March 15, 2018

What would I do without help?

So earlier today, in class, we were put together into groups to help each other in our progress for our projects. I have to say, in the course of everything for this project, this has been the most helpful thing I've done. Even though all the research helps to progress an idea, it helps so much to bounce ideas off of another person and to gouge their reaction to what you've come up with.

After laying out my basic plan to them about my film opening, and having them help me with ideas on how to encase the entire idea I had for the movie opening into 2 minutes. Then, Juan, one of the people in my group, came up with the idea to make the opening about Kane seeing a psychiatrist, but as he's describing everything he's done to Noah so far the scene will be cutting away to quick mini scenes showing what he's actually done to Noah. By using a series of quick shot counter-shots, I'll be able to produce that quick eerie feeling that many horror movies are known for.

Essentially, the movie begins in a psychiatrist's office, with Kane on the couch. I don't plan on showing the psychiatrist's face in order to make Kane the main subject that the audience will focus on. I plan on having the colors surrounding Kane be dark colors in order to bring in an air of mystery and the unknown.  Right away I want the audience to know that something is wrong with Kane and to be afraid of hm and what he can do. Dark colors which people associate with death and power. I'm planning on using a lot of close-up shots of Kane to make the audience uncomfortable by seeing the unnerving facial expressions that Kane has.

Anyway, the experience of getting into groups to help each other out was so awesome, and by giving other's ideas I was able to fully think of what I'm missing in my own project, like with the actual production of the story without making it a short story. Also, I got to think more of my color scheme and what it could do and mean for my film opening.

Citations:
Unknown. Unknown. Color Meaning. Retrieved from http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment