Thursday, March 29, 2018

First day of filming... done!

A lot has happened in the past two days. I'm very upset to tell you that the actor that I had originally cast didn't work out. When I went to contact him to begin filming on Thursday, I texted him Wednesday and he never replied. I'm actually very mad about what happened because he said he was willing to act in my film opening and then he never replied to me and didn't tell me he was unable to film or anything. Luckily, I got a friend of mine to ask one of her guy friends to act in it, and while he's not an actor at this point I'll take what I can get and make up the slack in editing... hopefully.

I started filming today at 3:30 P.M. with my actress for Dr. Sanchez and actor for Kane. I was able to get my psychiatrist scene out of the way, and the filming for the parts with Noah and Kane is coming in the future. I'm so glad that I was able to get another actor on such short notice, otherwise I would've been out of luck.

I was able to set up a makeshift psychiatrist office inside my dad's home office and it actually turned out very decent. To the right you can see my actress for Dr. Sanchez and actor for Kane practicing their lines in their heads before running through and filming. There is a very soft lighting used with the lamp. I wanted to give Dr. Sanchez's office a nice homely feel, and make it so that Dr. Sanchez is seen as a sort of light in Kane's life.

I have to admit filming was a lot of fun, if there could be a blooper reel there would be more bloopers than actual film for the movie. It was a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

However, even though I was able to get by with another actor for Kane, I'm still upset about my previous actor falling through, especially when he said he'd act the part for Kane. It definitely was partly on me for not having a backup plan, but it's still very upsetting.

I'm exciting for the second day of filming, but now I need to go begin editing what I have of my film opening so far.

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment