Friday, March 9, 2018

Tips and Tricks

Isa back again, and can I just say this week has been pretty stressful. I have been drowning in AP Stats homework and just took a test in that class. I've really been struggling on maintaining everything for that class and for my film opening. But! I am glad to say I have someone who is interested in playing Kane, my stalker character. More on that is to come in the following posts. Yet, this week in class, we were able to get together and help each other out on our blog posts and tell each other what they're missing and how they're doing overall.

It was very helpful to the process, I was able to see other people's blogs and how they wrote and set theirs up. I think the hardest part for this project for me, is definitely just managing everything and taking it one step at a time. A lot of times, I tend to start something and move onto something else before I'm able to finish the task at hand. Over the past few years though, I've been able to manage it better, but with a project as demanding as this it's definitely a bit trickier. I just think that with finals, and exams coming up, and multiple projects my stress level is through the roof.

As for my project itself, I have started on the storyboard, which will be up soon. So, I decided to research how to make a horror movie, because even though I have ideas, I've never actually made a horror movie and I needed to know where to start. One of the tips that I found from research is to pick a moment near the beginning to create excitement and set up the rest of the story. It creates that hook that draws people in and makes them want to know more about the story and what will happen to the main character. Also, I learned I need to pick a 'hero' who's part of a  typical social group, which in my case would be Noah. All my research even lead me to a fake blood recipe, which could come in handy in the future.

I've also learned to make what the people fear most, what happens in the movie. Keeping it simple is also very important, I can't make something if things that I need I don't have access to. Creativity in filming and editing is what I'm going to have to use to make it scary. Goriness can be part of the story, but I learned to not make it the whole story. Obviously, I need to set up everything in the beginning, but I can't give my film opening an ending otherwise it'd be a short story. I can definitely see giving my film opening an ending being a problem for me because I have this vision of what I want, but I need to keep it to a minimum while giving the audience enough, so I don't end up creating a short movie. I have confidence my finished product will be great, though.

Citations:
FSH. (2016). 5 Tips for Making a Short Horror Film. Retrieved from https://www.funsizehorror.com/community/5-tips-for-making-a-short-film
Grove, E. (2017). 13 Steps To Making a Horror Film. Retrieved from https://www.raindance.org/13-steps-to-making-a-horror-film/
Raindance. (2013). How To Make Fake Blood.  Retrieved form http://www.raindance.org/how-to-make-fake-blood/

No comments:

Post a Comment